Have you played bingo at your local bingo hall? Do you prefer visiting online bingo sites and playing there instead?
You can enjoy the experience no matter which way you decide to go. However, there are pros and cons of each one. Most important of all, there are pros and cons to winning bingo prizes on websites compared to bingo halls.
Scooping a prize at your local bingo hall
Visiting bingo halls is a popular pastime among many people in the UK. It provides people with an entertaining night out. Many people go on to make friends at their local bingo halls as well.
Winning a small sum – perhaps just a few pounds for a line prize – is not going to change your life. People will give you a round of applause and that will be about it. The good thing is you can celebrate and enjoy the prize with the people around you.
The perks of winning at your local bingo hall
Here are some advantages of winning in this way:
- You can experience the dabbing and the feeling of shouting out to claim your prize
- You enjoy the physical experience of marking your cards
- You will receive your prize the same night (unless it is a huge amount)
The downsides of winning at your local bingo hall
There are some, of course:
- Everyone will know you’ve won – not ideal if the prize is a big one
- You’ll probably end up participating in publicity even if you do not want to (in some cases, you may not get a choice)
- The local papers are far more likely to get wind of your prize
Scooping a prize at your favourite online bingo site
Playing bingo online is fast becoming the preferred way to get involved with bingo. We do not all have easy access to a local bingo hall, since many have closed. You may also prefer the online atmosphere, since it is far calmer and provides you with the opportunity to play whenever you wish.
It’s also cheaper to play this way, with penny games accessible on many sites. There are also games starting throughout the day (and often the night too).
The advantages of winning online
Here are some of the most obvious advantages:
- You’ll likely be able to remain anonymous (check the conditions for each site to confirm whether this would be the case)
- Local papers are less likely to pick up on the news
- You can share your good news with other players you chat with on the site
- If you do win, you can celebrate in the comfort of your own home that very moment
- You can choose how you would like to receive your money, as most online bingo halls have several withdrawal methods available
It is also worth noting that your bingo cards will automatically be checked when playing online. You need to be able to keep up with the numbers when you play at a bingo hall. If you miss one, you could miss out on a prize and not be aware of it.
The disadvantages of winning online
There are some downsides too, of course, such as:
- You won’t get to celebrate in a good atmosphere with your fellow bingo players
- You will probably need to wait a few days to get your cash, once you have fulfilled withdrawal requirements on the site
- Some sites require you to lend your image and name to your good fortune (being able to share news of winners is one way these sites attract more players)
Again, it is a good idea to consider what is required of the site before you start playing there. It gives you a chance to figure out where you would stand if you did manage to get a full house to get a big prize.
Which is your favourite way to play bingo?
Whenever you play bingo games, you know there is a chance you could be on the receiving end of some prizes. Nothing is certain, but that is half the joy of playing.
Some players divide their time between online bingo and land-based bingo. Maybe you do the same. However, as we can see, there are advantages and disadvantages of getting a nice prize while playing bingo in each of these ways.
For many, playing at online bingo sites is about convenience more than anything else. You can play bingo online during the night if you wish. That’s not the case at bingo halls. They’d be surprised if you turned up in the early hours to play!
Winning is winning though, wherever it happens. There are pros and cons to getting those bingo prizes online and offline. Which form of playing bingo would you rather do if you won?